Webinar for breeding programs on the Continuous Improvement (CI) approach
Date: Tues, Oct 6, 2020: Zoom webinar
Watch a recording of the webinar:
Open/download PowerPoints in PDF format:
- CI Intro and overview - Gustavo Teixeira, EiB
- Developing a CI culture - Theresa Heitman, EiB
- Implementing Continuous Improvement Culture in IRRI - Sharifah Shahrul, IRRI
Organized for: NARS, seed companies, other interested breeders
Organized by: CGIAR Excellence in Breeding (EiB), Accelerating Genetic Gains (AGG), along with partners MAIZE, IRRI, CIMMYT, Syngenta
Save time and money. Cut waste. Improve results and grow.
Join Accelerating Genetic Gains (AGG), CGIAR Excellence in Breeding (EiB) and a leading international CI expert to explore tools, techniques and transitions toward a continuous improvement culture in breeding.
The Lean Improvement Methodology is an approach that can grow your programs and improve results without adding more resources. It examines the way we create value for the customer, and uses Lean methods and tools to reduce or eliminate non-value added activities.
- Opening Remarks (10 mins) – B.M. Prasanna, MAIZE Director
- Principles of CI (25 mins) – Gustavo Teixeira / Theresa Heitman, EiB
- Industry example (25 mins) – Marcelo Almeida, Operational Excellence Lead, Syngenta
- IRRI example (25 mins) – Sharifah Shahrul, Head of Integrative Research Support platform, IRRI
- Q &A (20mins)
- Facilitator/Host: Dan Makumbi, EiB/CIMMYT
Interested in CI process for your program: Contact EiB's Gustavo: G.TEIXEIRA@cgiar.org
Special thanks: to EiB and AGG project funders including Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, the United States Agency for International Development and the Foundation for Food and Agricultural Research (FFAR), and to our presenters.