The CGIAR Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB (www.excellenceinbreeding.org) is a cross-commodity platform that supports the modernization of breeding programs targeting Africa, Asia, and Latin America for greater impact on food and nutrition security, climate change adaptation and development. By providing important outcomes to under-resourced peoples, the CGIAR centers help realize the founding mission of the CGIAR system – they target low-and-middle-income countries for greater impact on food and nutrition security, climate change adaptation and development.
The Platform is part of the new CGIAR portfolio of research programs and platforms (www.cgiar.org/our-strategy) and is led by the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries (www.cimmyt.org).
The CGIAR Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB) is recruiting two dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professionals as consultants, for Software Quality Assurance Engineer at CIMMYT. The consultancies are an opportunity for professionals to contribute and acquire experience, and skills in software quality assurance. As such, the selected candidates will work closely with a team in providing efficient and modern solutions in building, and testing applications that serve user needs, as well as collaborate with internal customers including, but not limited to software developers, requirement analysts, testers, technical leads, and subject matter experts for a variety of software products.
The delivery plan for these consultancies:
|Milestones||Deliverable||Method of Delivery|
|Test plan and estimation||Test plan developed or reviewed upon request by the team lead or other team members. A plan usually contains an objective, the approach, scope, criteria, staffing, and schedule estimations.||Word document or similar|
|Test scenarios||Proposal for test scenarios depending on the elements of the software being tested and its use cases.||Confluence documentation|
|Test case and test data||Detailed test cases specifying what needs to be tested written in simple language and understandable by non-technical people. If needed, test data must be obtained from the client.||Confluence documentation|
|Test summary and closure report||Closure report prepared for any given test upon request by the team lead or other team members. The report needs to include a summary and detailed analysis of the execution of the tests.||Confluence report and documentation|
The consultancies will be based on CIMMYT’s campus in Mexico but flexible workplace and remote work might be arranged upon approval by Senior Management.
- Design, implement, execute, and manage automated tests to help increase confidence in the quality of software products in every stage of the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to building a unified body of knowledge for the software quality assurance to take advantage of during testing activities.
- Provide accurate and timely reports on the results of test activities to help stakeholders make informed decisions.
- Contribute to product development by providing insights from a quality engineering perspective on how to improve the overall quality of software.
- Help enable software developers to adopt a shift-left testing approach by providing the necessary training, tools, and processes.
- Perform R&D to identify, validate, and implement tools and processes that are designed to improve the overall effectiveness of the software quality assurance process in the project.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Working experience of 1-3 years in a similar role preferably with the Non-Profit Sector.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- Excellent knowledge in software engineering, software development lifecycle, and agile software development methodologies.
- Working experience in writing software solutions using a variety of programming/scripting languages and database management systems.
- Working experience in software quality assurance methodologies, processes, and automated testing tools.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
Team Values: Work Ethic, Initiative, Team-player, and communicates well.
The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to their responsibilities and deadlines.
The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Communication, Teamwork, Team Leadership, and Client Orientation.
Candidates must apply here for IRS22118 and IRS22119_Software Quality Assurance Engineer. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Friday, May 20th, 2022. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
These consultancies will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.