The Breeding Management System (BMS) is a program that helps manage your breeding data across all phases of the crop improvement cycle, from program planning to decision making.
It lets you manage trials, nurseries and seed inventory; run statistical analyses; and support breeding decisions through the gradual integration of genetic markers.
The BMS suite of tools supports multiple breeding strategies:
- Conventional breeding
- Marker-assisted selection
- Marker-assisted recurrent selection
- Marker-assisted backcrossing
The BMS package includes:
- Software needed to run BMS
- Crop databases preloaded with ontology terms and templates to help get started
- Instructions, tutorials, and other documents to help you install and use the BMS
- Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
BMS is available as a single-user free download, or as a multi-user program with pro features and support services. A server version is also available for users with data sharing requirements; contact email@example.com for more information.